Fully integrated in the BNP Paribas Group, BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading provider of solutions to two client franchises: corporates and institutionals, and operates across EMEA (Europe Middle East Africa), APAC (Asia Pacific) and the Americas. The bank is a global leader in Debt Capital Markets and Derivatives. It is a top European house in Equity Capital Markets and it has leading franchises in Specialized Financing. In Securities Services, it is a top five house worldwide. BNP Paribas CIB strives to service the global economy by providing solutions to its clients in financing (ECM, DCM, specialized financing), flow banking (trade finance and cash management), financial advisory (M&A, project finance), global markets (interest rates, credit, foreign exchange, equity derivatives), risk management, and securities services.
Joining a growing team of experts where your responsibilities have a real potential to expand in scale and scope should be a compelling proposition to you.
Reporting to the Head of Analytics Consulting
Within this pole, the Analytics Consulting team is responsible for helping CIB entities maximize their understanding of customers, products, services and operations. To do so, the team analyses business issues / opportunities and solve them through a deep data analytical approach.
Nevertheless traditional approaches to machine learning can not resolve unstructured information.
Thus Analytics Consulting team has created a Data & Artificial Intelligence Lab to develop its own research on fundamental AI areas and develop solutions made available to the rest of the team and the Group. Many topics are of interest to the team among them the application of semantic and natural language processing (NLP) techniques.
Natural Language Processing (NLP) research at BNP Paribas focuses on algorithms that can extract value from the unstructured information at scale, across languages, and across domains. Our systems are used in numerous ways across the bank.
- Analyze and implement strategies for data extraction and analysis
- Introduce new techniques, technologies and standards as needed
- Provide knowledge about technology and business trends advising about potential benefits and impacts
- Work with semantic technologies
- Contribute to the design and development of our products
- Participate in the development and implementation of scalable, robust and fault-tolerant Python/JS architectures
- Depth and breadth of knowledge in the field
- Demonstrated experience with Natural Language technologies and engines
- Experience with Data Mining and Text Mining
- Familiarity with Semantic Technologies
- Experience in Python, NLTK, Tensorflow, Git, Gitlab CI or Jenkins, Docker
- High creativity and productivity
- Ability to own projects and to deliver in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated team player
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills allowing interactions with other technical / non-technical teams
- English fluent. French is a plus