Within BNP Paribas CIB IT, the Digital Banking group is responsible for the development of Digital Banking products and services. The Digital Banking group has global responsibilities to service clients across Europe, Middle East, Asia and America’s. The group is internationally organised with teams in Paris, London, Brussels, Hong Kong, Mumbai and Chennai. Digital Banking is looking for a Head of User Experience & Design to lead a customer-oriented design approach in developing digital experiences in banking. In this role, you will define and advocate a consistent and intuitive user experience across all our digital channels. You will work closely with product managers, software engineers and key business partners across CIB to solve complex business challenges and customer interactions. You will build up a team of UX and Design, while in the meantime you will do hands-on work on information architecture and design.
Build a team of UX and Design
- Define the overall UX strategy and vision for our digital client experience across all channels, aligned with the broader business strategy
- Manage extensive portfolio of web and mobile applications, including responsive/adaptive design
- Work closely with stakeholders to interpret and help them recognize their business goals
- Work collaboratively with creative, technology, product and the business on a continuous basis
- Recruit, hire, manage and mentor digital UX/UI designers, visual designers, and user researchers
- Develop relationships with design firms and independent contractors to have a “bench” of resources to support flexing as needed against projects
Develop User Experiences and Designs
- Look beyond design and think strategically in the understanding of clients and their behaviour across channels
- Facilitate discovery, workshop and co-design sessions with clients and internal groups
- Create personas, user scenarios and journeys, process flows, information architecture diagrams, wireframes, and other artefacts required to develop and evolve user experience designs
- Coordinate user-testing efforts, interpret test results, and incorporate results into design solutions
- Sketching, wire framing, user journeys, interactive prototypes and presentation of designs
- S. in computer human interaction (or a related field), or equivalent education and experience
- 7+ Years working in the User Experience and Design space, outstanding understanding of the digital products
- Experience in wide range of user-centred design activities including user research and persona development, journey mapping, storytelling, information architecture and interaction design
- Proficient with design tools, and excellent understanding of web and mobile technologies
- Portfolio showcasing a proven track record in creating customer-focused UX that solves complex design and/or business problems
- Ability to communicate, defend and build consensus around UX architecture and designs
- Able to demonstrate ideas visually and interactively with prototypes
- Organized, self-directed and comfortable working on multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Very good stakeholder management, presentation skills and excellent relationship building
- Experience in working as part of a cross-functional agile team
- Excellent learning capabilities and able to adapt in a continuously changing environment
- Can Do mentality, and track-record of self-directed execution
- Ability to derive conclusions, and make recommendations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both French and English
- Able to work in a large international organisation, including travelling across Europe, and Asia
- You have a passion for financial services and digital to develop new products and services
- A challenging and fast changing environment at the leading edge of Digital Banking.
- A high impact and very visible role, changing the distribution of financial products and services to clients.
- High profile responsibilities with management sponsorship at the C-level.