Fully integrated in the BNP Paribas Group, BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading provider of solutions to two client franchises: corporates and institutionals, and operates across EMEA (Europe Middle East Africa), APAC (Asia Pacific) and the Americas. The bank is a global leader in Debt Capital Markets and Derivatives. It is a top European house in Equity Capital Markets and it has leading franchises in Specialized Financing. In Securities Services, it is a top five house worldwide. BNP Paribas CIB strives to service the global economy by providing solutions to its clients in financing (ECM, DCM, specialized financing), flow banking (trade finance and cash management), financial advisory (M&A, project finance), global markets (interest rates, credit, foreign exchange, equity derivatives), risk management, and securities services.
What’s in it for you?
This position will enable you to join an excellent, energetic & experienced team working on a very good variety of modern web applications and APIs applied to a broad range of Artificial Intelligence use cases across the Group!
You will help the analytics consulting team work on missions aiming at maximizing CIB entities’ understanding of customers, products, services and operations. To do so, you will analyse business issues / opportunities and solve them through a deep data analytical approach.
A large variety of topics can be addressed: client segmentation, growth potential analysis, adaptive pricing, opportunity detection…for a wide range of clients: coverages, businesses (M&A, Transaction Banking…) and functions (HR, Finance…).
- Analyse internal clients’ needs
- Collaborate with project managers to best understand internal clients’ operational and strategic needs in terms of complex data analysis
- Investigate and solve business issues through analysing data (internal and external)
- Produce and adapt data analysis models
- Set-up ad-hoc metrics and process to address each business issue
- Propose and produce tailor-made analyses addressing key business priorities
- Present data in the most impactful way with data visualisation tools
- Masters degree from Engineering school / university with a specialisation in mathematics, statistics, data science, IT…
- High statistical and quantitative analysis skills
- Synthetical skills: ability to explain the results of a data model and the different elements impacting it
- Ability to think abstractly and creatively
- Knowledge of databases and associated tools (Access, SQL, ETL)
- Strong programming skills (R, Matlab, VBA) and some knowledge of script languages (Python, JS)
Following skills are a plus:
- Exposure to Hadoop ecosystems
- Knowledge of advanced reporting tools (Tableau, Qlikview…)
- General knowledge about machine learning
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team spirit
- Flexibility: ability to work in a changing environment
- Project management skills
- English fluent
- French and Portuguese are a plus