Fully integrated in the BNP Paribas Group, BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading provider of solutions to two client franchises: corporates and institutionals, and operates across EMEA (Europe Middle East Africa), APAC (Asia Pacific) and the Americas. The bank is a global leader in Debt Capital Markets and Derivatives. It is a top European house in Equity Capital Markets and it has leading franchises in Specialized Financing. In Securities Services, it is a top five house worldwide. BNP Paribas CIB strives to service the global economy by providing solutions to its clients in financing (ECM, DCM, specialized financing), flow banking (trade finance and cash management), financial advisory (M&A, project finance), global markets (interest rates, credit, foreign exchange, equity derivatives), risk management, and securities services.
What’s in it for you?
This position will enable you to join an excellent, energetic & experienced team working on a very good variety of modern web applications and APIs applied to a broad range of Artificial Intelligence use cases across the Group!
Reporting to the Head of Analytics Consulting Paris.
In this role of Technical Lead / Technical Architect you will work on a wide range of modern web and artificial intelligence projects, support and modify in-house applications, working hand-in-hand with the data scientists and developers of the analytics consulting team.
The right candidate will possess video production and editing skills. You will work with the marketing and social media team in the video production cycle from pre-production planning through post-production editing (video training available).
For website design, a basic level of coding is required in order to turn designs into live websites.
- Technical Lead / Architect
- Participation in requirements gathering, architecture, design, development, and testing of multiple complex (and some not-so-complex) web-based application components, and APIs
- Establish a peer review strategy for code review
- Estimate software development work effort in agile projects
- Responsible for review and accurate development against business requirements
- Be an active member of the Development team to contribute to team dynamics, ways of working and assisting with improvement opportunities
- Define web development best practices and maintain/develop continuous integration practices
- Develop all technical and design documentation
- Bachelor’s degree or higher degree in Information Technology or Computer Engineering or related field
- Experienced and talented software developer (5+ years minimum experience)
- Experience leading small development teams of a circa 10 persons (Code reviews, technical guidance etc). Typically we operate in smaller Agile teams of 3-4 though
- Hands on Python development
- Good experience on front end tools & web applications development – JS, HTML5, Angular/React
- Demonstrable experience of web API, REST API including API life cycle management
- Native mobile development iOS, Android – an advantage but not required
- Ability to organize & manage time wisely with effective technical communication
- Understand software development principles and technology with the ability to guide other developers & collaborate on technical information with various teams
- Play an advisory role based on technologies used during the project (advice on architecture solutions & technologies)
Access new technologies to reach business needs
- Experience in applying agile SCRUM method to projects with high added value
- Ability to own projects and to deliver in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated team player
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills allowing interactions with other technical / non-technical teams
- Enjoying solving technical challenges
- Believing that simple, readable code is better than over-engineered and over-architected code
- Excelling in mentoring others, and are diligent in ensuring quality and consistency of team’s code
- English fluent
- French and Portuguese are a plus